Okay, PicklePals, should i use russets, Yukons, or some other potato for a classic scalloped potato? I'm leaving now to go shopping, having finally sprung loose (but only 'til Monday) from the Q4 deal madness that is my life every December . . . .. Thank you so much. ;o)

aargersi December 24, 2010

Hi AJ you are very brave going to the store today! I just looked up several recipes including one from Emeril and they all call for russets ... happy shopping!!!!

vvvanessa
vvvanessa December 24, 2010

i'm all about the starchiness of russets. good luck out there!

AntoniaJames December 24, 2010

Hey, you two, thanks so much! Well, the choices are, go to the store (bravely . . . . but you're so darn tired, you won't really notice the sub-optimal shopping conditions) or don't go the store, and have to forage in your kitchen for Christmas dinner. Mr T and the boys are patient and understanding, but frankly, I really want a great meal after my C-Day hike tomorrow!! Russets it will be . . . Foodpickle is the best, isn't it?!! ;o)