🔕 🔔

ok to freeze my fresh scallops?

I bought beautiful scallops at the farmers' market yesterday, with a scallop recipe in mind for dinner tonight. but, plans have changed. is it ok to freeze my scallops? if so, is there a time within which I should take them out and use them?

asked by bk_novice almost 6 years ago

9e5ab2f6 a425 41e3 a8e0 5fd6ebdabb8b  logo 1

Yes, you can absolutely freeze fresh scallops. We have found the best method is to place them in a ziploc freezer bag and submerge it (open) in water to get all of the air out. Once the air is out, seal it and lay it out flat. You've created a homemade vacuum sealed bag. Place it flat in the freezer for up to 6-8 weeks.

678bc67c 7bbc 4181 b78a 5b0602f12d47  logo 1