I accidentally put vinegar in béchamel. Any salvation?

Making béchamel for asparagus and accidentally put two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in it. Is there any salvation?

asked by Devin Yates about 4 years ago

I think there's no fix. Does it taste bad? You could call it eggless Hollandaise.

Well. you're screwed. You could save it by making it a riccotta cheese type thing for a mini lasagna cooked in a cup container if it makes curds.

For the Asparagus. A good sauce is Mayo, Lemon Juice and a if you have horseradish. that's good too. Especially if it's broiled Asparagus.
Broil asparagus tossed with a vinegar dressing.

And if have wassabi...make a wassabi mayo sauce for it.

Accidentally in place of what? I know you didn't ask, but bechamel for asparagus seems so heavy.