I want to make a beef stir fry with asparagus or broccoli but i do not have much to make a sauce/marinade.

i only have soy sauce, steak sauce, apple cider vinegar, ketchup, sugar. i have no corn starch or flour for thickening either.

asked by lena about 2 years ago

Do you have garlic and/or ginger? If so, you're set with just soy and a splash of steak sauce. I rarely thicken my stir fry sauce with cornstarch. I like just enough sauce to coat my stir fry. Just a splash of steak sauce though. Taste as you go and add that last. In my head, I'm comparing steak sauce to Hoisin.

I use plain soy sauce on so many things, just by itself. It has a ton of flavor so, to me, that's all I need.

trampledbygeese
trampledbygeese

trampledbygeese is a trusted home cook.

How did it go? I often just use a teriyaki style sauce (soy sauce ( substitute), wine/rice wine/hard cider, honey and vinegar). I never thought to put thickener in it and mine tastes yummy.

The steak sauce sounds like a good addition.

The $1.89 Lunch Our Editor-in-Chief Swears By

Chickpeas to the Rescue

Curried Chickpea Sandwich

You can count the ingredients on one hand.

Simplest Homemade Doughnuts

Meatballs lend comfort on one family's journey from Mexico.

My Family Recipe: Mexican Meatballs

What's New in the Neighborhood

From weeknight favorites to regional classics.

12 Essential Italian Cookbooks