I want to make a beef stir fry with asparagus or broccoli but i do not have much to make a sauce/marinade.

i only have soy sauce, steak sauce, apple cider vinegar, ketchup, sugar. i have no corn starch or flour for thickening either.

asked by lena almost 2 years ago

Do you have garlic and/or ginger? If so, you're set with just soy and a splash of steak sauce. I rarely thicken my stir fry sauce with cornstarch. I like just enough sauce to coat my stir fry. Just a splash of steak sauce though. Taste as you go and add that last. In my head, I'm comparing steak sauce to Hoisin.

I use plain soy sauce on so many things, just by itself. It has a ton of flavor so, to me, that's all I need.

trampledbygeese
trampledbygeese

trampledbygeese is a trusted home cook.

How did it go? I often just use a teriyaki style sauce (soy sauce ( substitute), wine/rice wine/hard cider, honey and vinegar). I never thought to put thickener in it and mine tastes yummy.

The steak sauce sounds like a good addition.