🔕 🔔

Help with a baking Cloche!

I have bought a cloche for baking bread but have yet to get that dark crusty top which you are supposed to get. Any tips for a recipe plus oven temp and baking time? Thanks

asked by rosemary almost 3 years ago

Are you preheating the cloche or putting it into the oven at room temperature? In my (admittedly limited) experience, you get much better crust by preheating for a half hour or so at 450 - 500F, then putting the bread into the ripping-hot cloche.

If you're already preheating, try removing the cover half or two-thirds of the way through and use convection if your oven has it.