🔕 🔔

Great spicy grilled cauliflower for dinner last night. And now I have ten turmeric stained souvenirs...

I can't seem to get my fingernails cleaned. (Gloves next time for sure!) Anyone have any turmeric stain removal ideas? Thanks, all!

asked by marynn about 3 years ago

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

The good news is the stains are not permanent !
Some say to simply wash with soap and water repeatedly and often for 3 or 4 days until the stains are gone. Others say to use lemon and lemon juice on your nails and brush with a soft tooth brush - again, it will take a "few" applications over a few days. And, others say brush your nails with olive oil (or olive and lemon juice).
The secret is, do repeatedly over a few days.

I vaguely remember staining my nails with something. I don't remember what it was, but I do remember that hydrogen peroxide took care of it. I used a small shallow bowl like they use in nail salons. If that doesn't work, I'll bet Pinterest has a ton of good solutions.

84e04bee 8fc8 4bdc 8199 701c1af83294  image

Hydrogen peroxide is good, and though I've never tried it myself I've heard a mask of whitening toothpaste works wonders too.

11eb116d 54df 4070 a410 a206bd346f8e  stringio

try soaking your hands in tomato juice, it usually works great for stains!

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

Mix 3 parts peroxide and 1 part Dawn Dishwashing Soap. I garden a lot, and it is the only thing that keeps my nails looking pristine. Also great for all kinds of cleaning. I mix it in a spray bottle.