Great spicy grilled cauliflower for dinner last night. And now I have ten turmeric stained souvenirs...

I can't seem to get my fingernails cleaned. (Gloves next time for sure!) Anyone have any turmeric stain removal ideas? Thanks, all!

• Posted by: marynn
  • October 5, 2014

bigpan
bigpan October 5, 2014

The good news is the stains are not permanent !
Some say to simply wash with soap and water repeatedly and often for 3 or 4 days until the stains are gone. Others say to use lemon and lemon juice on your nails and brush with a soft tooth brush - again, it will take a "few" applications over a few days. And, others say brush your nails with olive oil (or olive and lemon juice).
The secret is, do repeatedly over a few days.

Susan W October 5, 2014

I vaguely remember staining my nails with something. I don't remember what it was, but I do remember that hydrogen peroxide took care of it. I used a small shallow bowl like they use in nail salons. If that doesn't work, I'll bet Pinterest has a ton of good solutions.

Meaghan F
Meaghan F October 5, 2014

Hydrogen peroxide is good, and though I've never tried it myself I've heard a mask of whitening toothpaste works wonders too.

Shelley Christie Tucker

try soaking your hands in tomato juice, it usually works great for stains!

SKK October 5, 2014

Mix 3 parts peroxide and 1 part Dawn Dishwashing Soap. I garden a lot, and it is the only thing that keeps my nails looking pristine. Also great for all kinds of cleaning. I mix it in a spray bottle.