🔕 🔔

Can broccoli be made into "rice" like cauliflower is?

I've made cauliflower rice a couple of times and really like it. I'm wondering if broccoli could be used for the same application. Has anyone tried this? If so, how did it turn out?

asked by Cheryl B K over 1 year ago

The only issue I see is that the tops of the broccoli will break into such tiny pieces. The stems will be more in line with cauliflower pieces. It's worth a try.

609271d6 306e 4b3e 8479 9d404fb84e73  moi 1

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

I tried a couple of times, and the tops turned to dust. It somewhat worked with stalks, but they were not so couscous like in terms of texture, like shredded cauliflower is, I would say they looked more like bulgur :) Also, I was not really big on flavor, I like them better shredded or shaved in a salad.

Thanks -- I think I'll give it a try using a knife instead of the food processor for the florets and maybe keep them in very small clumps, which already sounds a bit time consuming. But, in the name of experimentation and curiosity, I will soldier on! :-)

Be sure to report back with your results.