Freezer Friendly Broccoli Recipes

Tomorrow will mark the FOURTH week in a row I've gotten broccoli in my CSA. I can't stand to eat it anymore right now, but I don't want it to go to waste. Besides the traditional broccoli and rice casserole, what else can I make with it that will last in the freezer?

• Posted by: Molly
  • October 9, 2014

Susan W October 9, 2014

I made a whole bunch of Amanda Hesser's Broccoli Soup With Lemon and parm. It's outrageously good and freezes beautifully. I froze it in Ziploc type bags to take up less room in my freezer.

Molly
Molly October 9, 2014

Great idea - thank you!

Liza's Kitchen NYC
Liza's Kitchen NYC October 9, 2014

Broccoli Kugel?

sexyLAMBCHOPx October 9, 2014

Whenever I have extra broccoli I make sure to blanch, chop and freeze in double Ziploc bags. Some I leave as whole florets for stir fries, some chopped up small to add to a frittata, and I separate the stalks sometimes to add to salads.

Pegeen October 10, 2014

Steam some until barely tender, then puree with a little vegetable or chicken stock, or milk or cream, some salt and pepper. Freeze it. Use as a pasta sauce - when you're ready to use it, you can season it further, add chicken or sausage, olives, peppers, etc. to the pasta.