broccoli casserole

Wondering if I can prep a broccoli casserole (up until topping and baking) that starts with frozen broccoli the day before Thanksgiving. I generally prep all the day before, put in the fridge, and allow them to come to room temperature and bake off while the turkey rests. Thanks!

asked by Nancy 12 months ago

Stephanie Bourgeois
Stephanie Bourgeois

Stephanie is the Head Recipe Tester of Food52.

It's hard to know without seeing a full recipe but yes, you can prep a broccoli casserole the day before. It might be better to use fresh broccoli since there is less risk of melting ice crystals making a soggy casserole. If you already have the frozen broccoli go ahead and use it. You might need to bake it a few minutes longer to bake off some of the moisture.