🔕 🔔

broccoli casserole

Wondering if I can prep a broccoli casserole (up until topping and baking) that starts with frozen broccoli the day before Thanksgiving. I generally prep all the day before, put in the fridge, and allow them to come to room temperature and bake off while the turkey rests. Thanks!

asked by Nancy 3 months ago

82bc15be d3cf 410a 9b82 665e7b26bd26  1081
Stephanie Bourgeois

Stephanie is the Head Recipe Tester of Food52.

It's hard to know without seeing a full recipe but yes, you can prep a broccoli casserole the day before. It might be better to use fresh broccoli since there is less risk of melting ice crystals making a soggy casserole. If you already have the frozen broccoli go ahead and use it. You might need to bake it a few minutes longer to bake off some of the moisture.