what's it called and have you got a good recipe for it?

It's something made from beans, starts with an M. Has two syllable. I think it might sound like moo-lay?

Anyway, I don't know enough about it for google to understand me, but for some strange reason I woke up wanting to learn what it is and make it. Unless I dreamed it.

Is it real? Is it good? How do we eat it and what do we eat it with? Any good recipes?

Susan W October 9, 2014

Is it by chance the Mexican sauce called mole? It's made with chilies, nuts, seeds and all sorts of things, but not beans. Google mole and see if that might be it.

Susan W October 9, 2014

And chocolate...how could I forget the chocolate! I just did a recipe search here by just typing mole and 18 results popped up. Those might be fun to go through.

EmilyK
EmilyK October 9, 2014
HalfPint October 9, 2014

Can you give us more description of the dish? Was it a soup/stew, mashed, etc? How did you hear about it? Sweet, savory, salty, spicy?

trampledbygeese
trampledbygeese October 9, 2014

Mole eh? I wonder if I got the word mixed up with some other dish. I envisioned it was some sort of paste made from beans. Somehow connected with corn chips.

Though I could be very happy with this 'chocolate sauce' idea too. Chocolate is from a kind of bean like substance... right? This mujaddara looks tasty too.

Susan W October 9, 2014

Marcela Valladolid has a mole nacho recipe online that looks really good. It has peanut butter in it. Peanuts are legumes. Beans..there ya go. :)

Peder Sletteland
Peder Sletteland October 9, 2014

I think you might be referring to Mochi

trampledbygeese
trampledbygeese October 9, 2014

No,not mochi. although now that you mention it, I do have a hankering for mochi and adzuki.

Peder Sletteland
Peder Sletteland October 9, 2014

Or re-reading your question, might be Mexican Mole.

ChefJune October 9, 2014

FWIW, mole does not necessarily have chocolate in it. In fact most moles do not have any.

Susan W October 9, 2014

I'm sorry to disagree with you, but many authentic versions have it stirred in at the end. Many don't. There are as many versions of mole as there are chicken recipes. I happen to enjoy the moles that contain ancho chilies and chocolate.

jilhil
jilhil October 9, 2014

Molettes? Deborah Madison talks about them in the original Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone. Take crusty rolls, split in half, cover with refried beans, top with cheese then broil until the cheese is melted. I can't remember whether you toast the rolls first, but that would be my preference.