Learn to make soba noodles

There are two of us food52 people here in Seattle that want to learn to make soba noodles. When I googled the topic, there are some great classes in Japan and we are thinking of something local. Any advice on who, where, how, videos, tips?

asked by SKK over 7 years ago

That sounds really fun. And from my experience with buckwheat in crepes (aka galettes), not as easy as it looks on YouTube. But have you checked out YouTube? There's a lot there, including some of those places in Japan that offer classes. For example, http://www.youtube.com...

You're so brave and adventurous! It's fascinating to watch, and I agree it's probably not as easy as it looks, but I'll bet you're going to have a lot of fun with it. Persevere, and please post your results.

Thank you both - and I say food52 has dreams come true. I want to watch and learn from someone who is actually making soba noodles in this area. I agree with Greenstuff that it isn't easy. And it will be fun.

You are the best!

You might enjoy this account of a visitor making soba in Japan: http://www.theperfectpantry.com/2009/05/soba-noodles-recipe-asparagus-soba.html