I would like to make a roast for Christmas. Any good recipes?

asked by Melkel over 7 years ago

I'll be doing a standing rib roast next Sunday. I'm brining it internally with an injector and seasoning the exterior with sea salt, rosemary and black pepper. I may lard it with slivers of garlic also.

bella s.f.

What kind of roast do you want to make? Many people go with prime rib for Christmas. Leg of lamb is a really good choice also. You could go from simple to fancy with different cuts of pork. Do you have a preference?

shindig

I don't like a NY Strip steak, but I love a NY Strip roast. Coat roast with herb paste of olive oil, salt, pepper, fresh sage, fresh thyme. Wrap in plastic wrap, allow to sit overnight, roast @ 450º F for 15 minutes, reduce heat to 350º F and roast to desired temperature. Recipe @ http://www.epicurious.com...

pauljoseph

KERALA SPECIAL XMAS http://indiankeralafood...

Melkel

Thanks for all the input. Bela, I don't eat pork or lamb. I would like to do a beef roast.

Melkel

*Bella*