A question about a recipe: Roasted Butternut Squash, Prosciutto, and Sage Quiche

73618d3f 778f 4fe8 bad5 8c058ab1d30c  butternut squash sage quiche cake batter and bowl

I have a question about the recipe "Roasted Butternut Squash, Prosciutto, and Sage Quiche" from Kerstin. Should I bake the pie crust prior to adding the filling?

asked by Leika Ladha about 4 years ago

Nope - no need to! One trick that I have learned however is to preheat a cookie sheet in the oven, then set the quiche (or pie or whatever) on that - similar to a pizza stone, it heats the bottom up and will help set the bottom crust during baking, make it a bit firmer.

Leika Ladha

Thanks so much!!