Pie crust four and twenty blackbirds

Hi! Was hoping you could help. Making four and twenty black birds pumpkin pie. I've already made the crust, how long should I bake the crust and at what temperature before adding the filling? Thanks!

asked by Sophie Schuit almost 3 years ago

Ali Slagle

Hello! Does it not say in the recipe? If not, take a look at this guide for par-baking: https://food52.com/blog...
Another idea is to look at a recipe with a similar crust composition and see what time and temp it suggests.

Leslie Stephens
Leslie Stephens

Assistant Editor, Food52

375° F for 40 to 45 minutes! This is my boyfriend favorite pie crust by the way—he's making it right now! Good choice :)

Sophie Schuit

So I should bake for 45 min before adding their pumpkin pie filling recipe? Thanks this is the best!!!