How long can you leave butter out on the counter if it's wrapped?

asked by julianne114 almost 4 years ago

stilltasty.com says 1-2 days at room temperature. The issue is that it can go rancid, so anything you do to keep oxygen from getting at it, like careful wrapping, will extend the time.

julianne114

Ooh great resource. Thank you!

I like keeping 2 days worth of my beloved kerrygold on my counter. When I make ghee, I keep that on my counter until it's gone.

barb48

I've had two sticks of wrapped, unsalted butter on my counter since last night. Should I refrigerate it or can I still bake with it as in tomorrow morning?