🔕 🔔

How long can I keep gingerbread cookie dough in the fridge?

I made gingerbread cookie dough last week but didn't have time to use it all. It's wrapped in parchment, in a ziploc bag. How long will it keep? There is no egg in the recipe. There is a tiny bit of milk and plenty of butter. The only leavener in it is baking soda.

asked by Randi almost 3 years ago

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

I would bake off cookies and freeze them. The dough would last in the freezer for 2 months but since its been in the fridge for a week, I wouldn't freeze now.

420908ad 651e 46ac b88a 9cfbd6c602e3  open uri20141010 31964 ysrmyy

I would say 2 weeks then the spices starts to fade off. For foodsafty I would say AS long as you normaly would keep butter