Substitute for Nut Flour? I'm allergic to nuts. Not severely, just itchy. A biscuit recipe calls for 1 c almond flour. What's a good replacement?

The recipe is Paleo, and already as Coconut Flour and Tapioca Flour...

asked by morganstunts about 4 years ago

Posie (Harwood) Brien

Are sunflower seeds okay? If so, I'd try making your own sunflower seed flour (just grind it up as you would almond meal). It should have a similar flavor and moisture content.

morganstunts

I'll try that for sure, but we're cooking now! LOL
And anyway - how do you grind almond meal?
:)

Posie (Harwood) Brien

Just pulse nuts in a food processor (or good-quality blender) until they are coarse. Too far and you'll get nut butter!

morganstunts

Thanks!

If you google nut free paleo biscuits, you will find lots of recipes. I like Paleo Mom, but you need a yucca root to make hers. I also like Paleo Comfort Foods. I have not made either of these biscuits, but I know and like many of their recipes.

morganstunts

Thanks!