I'm trying to make a pumpkin pie and I wanna use a jar of strawberry rhubarb jam in it. Suggestions?

So yeah, my roommate is a little wacky and wants a strawberry rhubarb pumpkin pie for his birthday. What do you think is they best way to make this combo? Thanks!

asked by Maggie over 3 years ago

That is an odd combination. But it will look pretty!. I'd make the pie, let it cool, and then melt the jam and use it as a glaze over the top. (It will look pretty and you can scrape the jam off if it doesn't taste good.)

I would spread jam on the crust before I put the pumpkin in, so it's a hidden layer - of course the disadvantage as opposed to DrB's way is, you're stuck with it whether you like it or not ...

Rena Cookson

Why? Don't do it!

I would go for a pumpkin cheesecake pie (the cream will buffer and help balance the pumpkin, strawberry & rhubarb flavors). You could either bake the jam into the pie, or make it a sauce & sub for the caramel sauce in this recipe. http://www.onceuponachef...

"Cream" should have been "creamcheese." porof raeding, ugh!