I'm trying to make a pumpkin pie and I wanna use a jar of strawberry rhubarb jam in it. Suggestions?

So yeah, my roommate is a little wacky and wants a strawberry rhubarb pumpkin pie for his birthday. What do you think is they best way to make this combo? Thanks!

• Posted by: Maggie
  • November 14, 2014

drbabs November 14, 2014

That is an odd combination. But it will look pretty!. I'd make the pie, let it cool, and then melt the jam and use it as a glaze over the top. (It will look pretty and you can scrape the jam off if it doesn't taste good.)

aargersi November 14, 2014

I would spread jam on the crust before I put the pumpkin in, so it's a hidden layer - of course the disadvantage as opposed to DrB's way is, you're stuck with it whether you like it or not ...

Rena Cookson
Rena Cookson November 14, 2014

Why? Don't do it!

Nancy November 15, 2014

I would go for a pumpkin cheesecake pie (the cream will buffer and help balance the pumpkin, strawberry & rhubarb flavors). You could either bake the jam into the pie, or make it a sauce & sub for the caramel sauce in this recipe. http://www.onceuponachef.com/2012/11/pumpkin-cheesecake-with-gingersnap-crust-and-caramel-sauce.html

Nancy November 15, 2014

"Cream" should have been "creamcheese." porof raeding, ugh!

Voted the Best Reply!

Kathleen Cavanagh
Kathleen Cavanagh November 15, 2014

Fold rhubarb into the whipping cream and serve only on his why ruin it for everyone else