🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: OMG! Coconut Pound Cake

7b73d11d f875 4a6d b051 2434fb1621f4  2013 0604 coconut pound cake 014

I have a question about the recipe "OMG! Coconut Pound Cake" from ChefJune. I do not have "cane" sugar ~ can I use regular granulated sugar. Also what is the difference between the two. Tk you.

asked by lori benet over 2 years ago

Yes you certainly can. Chef June is simply listing very high quality, organic ingredients which is a good idea when you make a pound cake, but your table sugar is most probably cane sugar (like C&H for example). I like to use Sucanat in pound cakes. It's really high quality, very lightly processed and has a hint of caramel flavor that really isn't detected in baked goods unless sprinkled on top.