Erin's Slow Roast Turkey

In Erin's Slow Roast Turkey recipe do I have to take the turkey out after 10 hrs & then reheat it or can I just heat longer & raise temp at end? If I can heat longer, do I go directly from slow roasting at 250 to 375 for extra time or will that dry it out since it's already hot. ? Help! Not sure what to do. Hate dry turkey! Happy Thanksgiving!!

asked by holly almost 4 years ago

Sarah Jampel
Sarah Jampel

Sarah is Food52's senior staff writer & stylist.

You don't have to take out the turkey -- that's just an option if you're making it ahead! Otherwise just turn up the temperature to 375° F and roast for 40 minutes. Let it cool for another 15 to 30 before slicing. Happy Thanksgiving!

holly

Thank you Sarah! You are a lifesaver! Be safe out there!

You'll Want to Eat These Soy Sauce Eggs with Everything

Game changed.

Momofuku's Famed Soy Sauce Eggs

From filling salads to warming soups, we've got you covered.

Easy Lunch Ideas

A weeknight slam dunk.

Miso Butter Skillet Chicken

Get Set for the Best

And why Sunday is, hands down, the best day of the week.

American Expat Life in Paris