🔕 🔔

secret to avoiding drip when baking apple pie?

I regularly have "accidents" when baking pies - what can I do to avoid drips burning in my electric oven that won't affect heat/ even baking? Thanks!

asked by jaccosta about 3 years ago

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

I am not sure that you can avoid the drip - all that juicy fruit! I read somewhere to put a cookie sheet in the oven as it warms. When you place the pie on the cookie sheet, the fact that it's hot helps set the bottom of the crust so it won't go soggy on you. I do that whenever I can remember to!

A7a78b8f af83 46da 9868 24a007fba541  open uri20140918 7458 1gvqmap

Thanks so much, I'll give it a try. Happy holidays!

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

I always put a cookie sheet under my pies when I bake them also. But another thing is to make sure you use fresh apples. If your apples are old, they'll give off a lot more liquid and the pie is more prone to bubbling over.

Thanks to you, too, drbabs!

6f85b483 fec3 4360 b32b cb06736820ab  twitterprofilepic

Make sure the cookie sheet has sides on it! Don't make the mistake of using on one of those totally flat cookie sheets - if your oven is even the least bit uneven the juice will run right off the edges