Your personal shoppers, leaving home not required. Shop gift guides »
🔕 🔔

Chocolate Truffle Tart using coconut cream

I've made this fabulous and easy recipe, that calls for cream and butter, many times: http://www.epicurious.com.... I want to make it subbing canned coconut cream (regular, not light) and coconut oil for the cream and butter to keep it parve (milk free). Will that work?

asked almost 2 years ago

I used coconut milk to make a very rich chocolate pudding. It worked beautifully. I think you'll have great success with it and the coconut oil should work in place of the butter in this recipe. Looks delicious and I want to try it ASAP.

I think it will work, though naturally the taste will be different (and maybe the texture too). Can you report back on results?

48dd002c 4c45 4b84 8006 ac8614d467cd  dsc00859 2

I finally tried it--equally delicious whether using full cream and butter or coconut cream and coconut oil. Possibly a firmer result with the latter, but both ways it's a pretty "solid" and very rich filling--if made in advance, worth storing in the fridge, but I brought it to room temp before serving.