I made my mexican style soup too spicy... What should I do? I don't want to dilute with more stock.

asked by Meagan over 3 years ago

Unfortunately, there's no magic cure. I have done it so many times. I love heat, but there's a point where the flavors disappear behind the heat. You can make a half batch with no spice and add it. A pain, I know.

mouveMarie

I would maybe think about what you want to serve it with... acidity (lime, lemon, orange) and milk products/ something with a creamy factor and fat, can really help cut through the heat.

You have to dilute it.

keg72

Could you add ingredients -- like black beans or corn -- which aren't spicy? doing that won't be quite as effective as adding stock, but that could help.

Bevi

I would try to add more stock - and then some lime juice. You can always freeze the extra.

luvcookbooks
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

You can chop up lots of potatoes or add raw rice to soak up some spice.

kimhw

The only thing I've ever had any luck with is making a whole batch with no spice and combining. Luckily soups freeze well, and make great gifts!