Freezing brisket

Opinions on freezing brisket, please. If you have frozen brisket for just a week, what were the results when thawed?

Nancy December 14, 2014

Some swear by it, some swear at it. You pays your money and you takes your choice.

CanadaDan
CanadaDan December 14, 2014

Do you mean cooked brisket? If Sony mother makes a brisket and freezes leftover about once a month. I get the frozen leftover and keep them for weeks until I defrost them and they're always delicious. Best bet is to let it thawslowly over a day or two in the fridge but once that's done and reheated its as delicious as the day it's made.

bigpan
bigpan December 14, 2014

I have had no problems with freezing brisket, cooked or not.

ChefJune December 15, 2014

You can cook your brisked from frozen or not, however is most convenient. You can freeze your cooked brisket, and reheat it from frozen or thawed, whichever works best for you. However, if you are going to freeze your cooked brisket, I recommend cooling it thoroughly first (like several hours to overnight in the fridge) so you can remove all the fat that will coagulate on top when it's cold -- BEFORE you freeze it. Brisket always seems to turn out wonderful, no matter what you do!