Last week's finds that tickled your fancy the most. Shop best-sellers »
🔕 🔔

How to keep Risotto creamy & not dry for a buffet

I would like to serve Herb Risotto for Xmas buffet but it always seems to get stiff on me and not creamy.

asked by Nan about 2 years ago
48361945 4c0d 4900 a4fb fead7055d98f  stringio

Or you could do risotto cakes on buffet; however, it will not be that wonderful creamy texture of a fresh made risotto. My favorite risotto is shrimp and peas with a freshly made shrimp stock!

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

Use a steam tray with a lid.

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

I think it could work. Agree with a steam tray or chafing dish. It would need to be watched over periodically to make sure its not getting to dry. That can be remedied with stirring and a bit of warm stock or water.

B060878a 30a3 4de6 b178 d626ffef0fe8  img 1470

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

I consider risotto my signature dish(es) and wouldn't dream of compromising its magic by not serving it immediately after cooking ("risotto waits for nobody" as i often say). IF i were in a bind and had to figure it out, I agree with keeping it warm, perhaps in a slow cooker on the very lowest setting, but i would be tending to it constantly. Stirring in some liquid every so often. My major concern (among many others) is how to keep it creamy without overcooking it. After a little while its inevitable that it will become mush. Just explaining it here is stressing me out haha.