🔕 🔔

What's the difference between chuck eye roast and chuck roast?

My chili recipe calls for chuck eye roast, which seems quite specific. I'm wondering how much difference there is between chuck eye roast and chuck roast. The local butchers usually have a limited selection, so I may have to make the substitution.

asked by RussellW over 2 years ago

More info than you may want to know! http://www.chefs-resources...

Thanks. It looks like the leanest part. I'll check with my butcher and see what he can do for me.

The chuck eye is one muscle and quite tender and tasty. I love slicing chuck eye into steaks. In chili, I wouldn't hesitate to use either one, but maybe trim some of the fat if you can't find chuck eye.