menu for duck a l'orange

What sides would you serve with duck a l'orange?

asked by Matilda Luk almost 4 years ago

roasted beets go well with orange flavor, or just on their own (e.g. https://food52.com/recipes...), rice and/or chestnut dish (here combined in a risotto https://food52.com/recipes...), a simple dish of egg noodles or rice to set off and absorb rich sauces.

I would serve a very simple rice and a great bread to sop it all up. I suppose you need something green, so a simple garlic spinach will do.

Matilda Luk

Nancy and Susan W, thanks for the answers! Mmm, all of those sides sound delicious... Oh, to choose...

CanadaDan

So combine them! I'd make a beet risotto by mixing in some puréed roasted beets towards the end. Maybe a splash of balsamic vinegar which goes well with beets and orange. That way you get the rice to soak up all your sauce and the beautiful beet flavour.

Lexie

I would have mashed sweet potatoes. Just boíl The sweet potatoes, and mash them with some butter, milk, a pinch of salt and a pinch of nutmeg. It tastes similar to chestnut puree. I would serve a good green salad with it.

Matilda Luk

Very intriguing! I have some Japanese sweet potatoes in the pantry already--they're drier, lighter in color than the garnet/orange kind, and more reminiscent of chestnuts.