Any tips on roasting a duck in advance and keeping it warm until ready to serve? Or is it best to time it based on when I want to serve?

asked by Antigoni Sander McCloud about 4 years ago

Liza's Kitchen NYC

I'd recommend trying to time it as best you can. Duck has a tendency to dry out and it's more likely to do so if it sits in a warm oven for a long period of time.

Antigoni Sander McCloud

Thank you, Liza! This was my gut instinct but thought I would check! Thanks for the tip

Dominic Brannigan

What is your end result. I think it would've best to time the dinner correct. The duck should take approx. 1 and a half hours.

Antigoni Sander McCloud

Thank you! I am going back and forth on how I wish to cook it, but my instinct was to cook closer to go time!

Merrill Stubbs posted a recipe called Slow Roast Duck on this site that looks fabulous. You can find it by typing in the name in the search function above and choosing recipes.