When making dough for sugar cut - out holiday cookies, the dough became dry and crumbly, even after refrigeration.

This tried and true recipe has been used for decades without such a glitch. How can a carefully followed recipe, used successfully countless times, fail so dramatically ?

asked by Dave & Cindy almost 4 years ago

What a bummer! Did you do anything differently in terms of the way you measured your flour or other ingredients? Maybe you used a different butter than you normally use? Are you somewhere where the air is particularly dry?

Dave & Cindy

No Merrill, nothing different. That's why this has us so puzzled.

Dave & Cindy

Sorry for the delayed reply. I got lost in the recipe sections of Food 52. Fast becoming a favorite source. Well done -bravo.