Replacing apricot preserves with lemon curd?

I'm doing a meatball app recipe that calls for apricot preserves for the glaze. Don't have those, but do have some leftover lemon curd--can I use that instead?

asked by adambravo almost 4 years ago

Is this a glaze that you paint on before baking? It may work. I just googled and found a lemon curd glaze for baked cod. It was lemon curd, soy sauce, rice wine, rice vinegar and ginger. If the Asian profile won't work for you, you could use white wine and a little white wine or champagne vinegar so it's not just straight lemon curd.

adambravo

It actually goes on after baking, but it's a Korean recipe--and the other glaze ingredients are similar to what you found for the cod. Thanks!

Do you have a link to the recipe? I'm obsessed with Korean food right now.

adambravo

Actually, it's right here on Food52: https://food52.com/recipes...

Thank you! They look great. I'll be making them ASAP.