🔕 🔔

Fresh, healthy recipes in the middle of winter

Help! I'm in a cooking rut after the holidays, and I need some fresh recipes to kick-start the year. Not quite ready to start eating a bunch of salad suppers, but definitely tired of rich, heavy food. What are you all making these days?

asked by girlwithaknife over 2 years ago

53573b8d 4bf0 4ffd 843d b2e617cfeb6b  dscn3274
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

This is one of my favorites and the grape tomatoes are pretty good year round:
ood52.com/recipes/14030-first-night-in-florence-spaghetti

inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

Let me try that again:
https://food52.com/recipes...

Thank you, Pat! I made it just a couple nights ago myself.

My suggestion: chicken pho. A fragrant and light broth, rice noodles, slices of chicken, and fresh herbs. Warm, filling, but somehow light. Serious Eat posted a quick recipe this week. Check it out.

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

This week's contest theme should help you out! Click on contests above, then current contest.

I tested this soup a couple of weeks ago, it's light, healthful, delicious:
https://food52.com/recipes...

One thing I do is buy an overload of greens at the farmer's market and then challenge myself to use up every scrap ... and I spend a lot of time searching right here on Food52!!!

84e04bee 8fc8 4bdc 8199 701c1af83294  image

Big ol' sheet pans of roasted veggies and Ina Garten's fabulous oven-baked risotto are my staples right now. Recently made Fuchsia Dunlop's gong bao ("Kung pao") chicken though and the hubby and I are OBSESSED - had it twice just last week lol.

ktr

We eat a lot of soups in our house. And lately, homemade pizzas.