A question about a recipe: Pink Greens

I have a question about the recipe "Pink Greens" from Marissa Grace. What is the approximate weight of 1 bunch of beet greens for this recipe? I have 3 bunches, but they seem awfully small. I've never cooked beet greens, but imagine they cook up considerably, similar to other cooked greens. Just put some beets in to roast and decided that, for once, I would't toss the greens.

578b2f0a fe66 4ea3 a2a6 8b1caac05533  food52 01 29 13 1269
Recipe question for: Pink Greens

1 Comment

Marissa Grace
Marissa Grace January 15, 2015

I've never actually weighed the greens. My one bunch is usually about the same size as a bunch of chard you would purchase. You are correct in your assumption that they will cook down similarly to any other green. I'd say double or triple the recipe if you have three bunches depending on how zesty you like your food. Good luck!

foodluver
foodluver January 15, 2015

Thanks. I think I'll double it, because the bunches do seem small - they came from fairly small bunches of baby beets.