Ideas for leftover turkey and goose ?

asked by @RealNattLewwi almost 8 years ago

Pot pie!

Pot pie indeed! And you can assemble a fairly simple one using packaged puff pastry. With the goose you could also do something like cassoulet, especially if you don't have an aversion to French garlic sausage. Hopefully there is a fair amount of goose fat left.

Gumbo. Use the fat to make the roux, and the carcass to make a stock. It's my favorite after TG turkey thing to do, because it makes a ton that I can freeze for quick meals over the winter.

bella s.f.

My first thought was cassoulet. Yum! Or, Instead of a regular pot pie, what about a shepherd,s pie. I have also made pot pies where I have made a bottom crust out of leftover mashed potatoes. Butter your pie pan or casserole before putting in a bottom layer of mashed potatoes. They get golden, crispy, and crusty. Really good.

Kayb

Turkey spaghetti. Bechamel with cheese, shredded turkey, green peas, cooked pasta. Stir it all up together, top with grated parm, bake until it's bubbly.

sunnyluz

Turkey curry! Mark Bittman's NYTimes recipe was a huge hit in our house after Thanksgiving.

RobertaJ

Turkey tetrazinni ! Turkey and rice. Turkey enchiladas with green (tomatillo) sauce. Turkey and noodle soup, you can give this an Asian twist as well, or even southeast Asian, depending upon your seasonings. Turkey and dumplings, turkey and biscuits.....

WeLike2Cook

We use our leftover turkey to make gumbo, and the leftover goose would make a wonderful paella!