I've just made stock from the aromatics-covered carcass and skin of my roast "Beggar's Chicken." Your thoughts on how best to use it?

Here's the roast recipe https://food52.com/recipes... The stock is deeply flavored, so it's therefore not particularly versatile. There's no chicken left from the roast; I'm happy to freeze the stock for a future use. Thank you, everyone. ;o)

Greenstuff January 16, 2015

You know the flavors best, of course. But I think it'd make a great base for a winter squash soup.

sexyLAMBCHOPx January 16, 2015

Perhaps some Indonesian fried rice?

Susan W January 16, 2015

I think it would make an awesome base for miso/gochujang soup. I entered one in the Rejuvenation recipe contest if you want to see all the things I added to the soup. Lemongrass, ginger, garlic, the dashi (you can use your wonderful stock), tofu, and shiitake mushrooms either fresh or dried. I think my soup and your stock would like each other. :) It would look very pretty garnished with cilantro leaves if you have some left.

Susan W January 16, 2015

Another idea is Tom Kah Gai soup. Skip the miso and add a can of full fat coconut milk along with the ginger, lemongrass, garlic, tofu and the mushrooms. Kaffir lime leaves (or lime zest and juice) and some fish sauce. I like spicy, so I would add gochujang, but you could easily leave it out. Apparently, I am obsessed by soup right now.

hardlikearmour January 16, 2015

Do you think it would work as a soup served with scripelle? (Which I've only recently been introduced to, and am a tad obsessed!)

ktr
ktr January 17, 2015

How about using it for a wild rice soup.

Meaghan F
Meaghan F January 17, 2015

Yum! Sounds delicious... If the stock is so richly flavored, give yourself a break and make some kind of easy soup without a lot of extra work. A version of egg drop soup, perhaps? Or just add sliced veggies, some noodles, and shredded chicken if you've got it.