🔕 🔔

Can i use granulated sugar or confectioner's sugar instead of castor sugar in coconut bread?

I'm using this recipe for coconut bread: Whisk together 2 eggs, 150ml coconut milk, and 150ml milk. Sift together 2 1/2 cups plain flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 2 tsp cinnamon, 1 cup castor sugar, and 1 cup flaked coconut. Add wet to dry and stir in 75 grams melted butter. Bake in a bread loaf pan for 1 hour at 190 C.
It calls for castor sugar, but all I have is granulated sugar and confectioner's sugar. I was thinking about using a half cup of confectioner's sugar and a half cup of granulated sugar, but I'm not sure how that could affect the recipe. Can I use granulated sugar or confectioner's sugar instead of castor sugar, or some combination of the two?

asked by Marren Roy almost 3 years ago

D94327a5 9f8f 4082 860e 928aec9cc1c9  stringio

You can make your own castor sugar by grinding regular granulated sugar to a finer grind. I use a food processor but a spice or coffee grinder works too!

092efd1a f34b 461d 89b1 f3e76e0ce940  dsc 0028

I would just use granulated sugar.

Confectioner's sugar has cornstarch in it. I wouldn't use as a substitute for castor sugar.