ideas for leftover coconut milk solids

I have about 1/2 -2/3 left of a can of full fat coconut milk leftover. It is mostly just the solid portion that is at the top of the can. Any ideas for using it up?

asked by ktr over 3 years ago

Trena Heinrich
Trena Heinrich

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

You might make whipped coconut cream, here's the recipe https://food52.com/recipes...

Use to replace sour cream in a noodle Kugel recipe. Use to make a sauce with curry spices.

I stir it into soups, sauces, some stews. You could make a quick Tom Kah soup and it's also delicious in mashed potatoes (sweet or regular) or mashed cauliflower. It works to substitute for cream in most savory or sweet recipes. A coconut rice pudding would be delicious.

ktr
ktr

Ooohh, rice pudding sounds wonderful.

kathleen

It is absolutely scrumptious added to coffee.

ktr
ktr

I've tried that and I just can't do it. I know lots of people love it but I'll stick to whole milk (can't stand half and half or cream in my coffee either).

whipped "cream", also chocolate truffle tart as sub for the cream (whisk to soften first): http://www.epicurious.com.... Would also be delicious added to cubed, roasted sweet potatoes with butternut squash.

Droplet

Or you could make this, if you have the rest of the ingredients on hand: https://food52.com/recipes...

ktr
ktr

I think this recipe may be the winner. I love anything pudding-like and have some avocado's already in my kitchen. Thanks!

The $1.89 Lunch Our Editor-in-Chief Swears By

Chickpeas to the Rescue

Curried Chickpea Sandwich

You can count the ingredients on one hand.

Simplest Homemade Doughnuts

Meatballs lend comfort on one family's journey from Mexico.

My Family Recipe: Mexican Meatballs

What's New in the Neighborhood

From weeknight favorites to regional classics.

12 Essential Italian Cookbooks