lemon curd not lemony

I made a new recipe for lemon curd last night. While the texture was perfect and light, the lemon flavor isn't very strong. Can I stir in some additional lemon juice? Or do I need to cook it all again?

asked by frizz almost 4 years ago

CrepesofWrath

Maybe add in zest of 1 or 2 lemons, let it sit overnight and press it through a sieve if you can?

Agree with CrepesofWrath... add more lemon zest and let it sit overnight. If still not lemony enough, add a tablespoon fresh lemon juice and press through a sieve.

mickle

If zest doesn't produce the flavor you want add a couple drops of "pure lemon oil".

barcelona

Ore maybe add some citric acid (extracted from the lemon)

Did you add (at least) a pinch of salt? I often find that's all that's needed to elevate the flavor of almost anything - especially sweets. Go easy!