🔕 🔔

Going to Savannah, Ga. in March

My husband & I are going to Savannah for our Anniversary & would love suggestions on B & B's, Hotels & Restaurants in & around Savannah.

asked by Nan over 2 years ago

Savannah has one of the largest, craziest St Patrick's day celebration. So if you are looking for romantic weekend, don't go near at Patrick's day.

Go to Zunzi's! It serves Italian-South African food, which sounds weird, but trust me, it's amazing.

239f46df 56e5 44e7 bccd 04b56ff8320b  original

Some of my family members own Elizabeth on 37th and for a fancier occasion - food and atmosphere cannot be beat!

5fcfb7ff c208 4ae8 bc4e 1511d0ae330f  martini

We love the Sapphire Grill. The chef's table with the wine flights is absolutely outstanding. Great place for an anniversary!

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

hi nan, savannah is soo lovely; i bet you'll love it. For more ideas, i suggest you go to :
http://chowhound.chow.com...

Go to roadfood.com. In the bar titled "Find authentic regional eats," type in Savannah, GA. You'll get some fun results for lower-key, great local eating.

C2efdbf4 1adb 4dbc 84fb 100e21114662  image

I lived in Savannah for 3 years (albeit a decade ago) and I have to say it's that proverbial "Great Place To Visit...." We always enjoyed entertaining visitors with great restaurants and sights. You will have a blast! As far as B&Bs go, the Kehoe is the best. Hands down. Convenient location, great breakfasts, lovely owners. It is what every B&B should be! I would also second Elizabeth on 37th. My husband and I would eat there for every special occasion (valentines, anniversaries, birthdays, any excuse!). Definitely the best restaurant in town. Pearl's Saltwater Grill (a bit of a drive out of town) is a great spot for a romantic dinner. The food is good, no frills, but the setting is pure Coastal GA. Watching the sunset over the salt marsh is unbeatable... and their martinis are strong. Vinnie Van Go-go's is (was?) a locals pizza joint with great pizza and excellent al fresco people watching. If you're the dive bar type, nothing beats Pinkie Master's. It is the epitome of a neighborhood bar. Finally, I would recommend Parker's Market on Drayton. It's a gas station with unparalleled take out, a wine shop, and gourmet food store. I still have dreams about their catfish lunch plate (great to grab and go for a picnic). In all my travels, I've never seen another place like it. It is uniquely Savannah. Cheers!

What great tips! Adding Savannah to my travel list.