Has anyone used Pine Cone Syrup in food recipes? #pineconesyrup @Food52Hotline

asked by @DavJaCo over 3 years ago

former Community Editor

I haven't, but one of my favorite restaurants/stores, Zingerman's, has 9 ideas for using it: http://www.zingermans.com...

No, but related ingredients (spruce tips and spruce syrup) are beginning to appear in Canadian restaurants that feature local, foraged and/or wild ingredients. Maybe with a look on Google.

David James Colin

'....foraged and wild ingredients', love this stuff in my food. Thank you.

I have eaten syrup made from the tips of fir trees, but not used it. Both the syrup and honey made from fir pollen have a pronounced flavor, so
I suggest tasting it before you add it to a recipe.