Have you heard of Mocotoke cake?

I got an old community cookbook this past weekend and came across a cake recipe called "Mocotoke". I tried googling it, and some alternate spellings that I could think of, to no avail so thought I'd try posting here. The cookbook was made in 1954 or 1955 by a Methodist church in Silver Spring, MD. In case it has another name, here's a recipe summary:
4 eggs [separated, whites beaten until stiff], 1/2c sugar, 2c flour, 3T water, 1.5t baking powder, 1t coffee flavoring; bake in 2 layers then fill with coffee flavored whipped cream.

asked by Kt4 over 3 years ago

LE BEC FIN

k14, this might be totally irrelevant but i found this for mocoloco:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60872-i269-k7967985-Mocoloco-Kailua_Kona_Island_of_Hawaii_Hawaii.html

and coffee flavoring is popular in hawaii.....

LE BEC FIN

i went he routes of 'typo':
--locomoco is a hawaiian beef stew/breakfast food.

-- When i googled 'moko cake' (cake and not toke?) I got a hungarian or czech site i think, for chocolate moko cake.

I'm going to bed now!!

Part of Silver Spring is in Montgomery County, so the 'moco' could refer to MOntgomery COunty. Could the church address or the minister's name be the source for the 'toke'? Takoma Park is a nearby suburb, but that would be a more likely allusion if the last four letters were 'take'.

You'll Want to Eat These Soy Sauce Eggs with Everything

Game changed.

Momofuku's Famed Soy Sauce Eggs

From filling salads to warming soups, we've got you covered.

Easy Lunch Ideas

A weeknight slam dunk.

Miso Butter Skillet Chicken

Get Set for the Best

And why Sunday is, hands down, the best day of the week.

American Expat Life in Paris