A question about a recipe: Raspberry-Plum Swirl Breakfast Frozen Yogurt

F4210b79 fd97 4bb4 bd9d 1534432419de  breakfast frozen yogrut for recipe

I have a question about the recipe "Raspberry-Plum Swirl Breakfast Frozen Yogurt" from fiveandspice. Can I use regular yogurt instead of Greek?

asked by mariam over 3 years ago

If you're in a rush & it's what you have yes,
but end result will be more liquid as reg yogurt has highervwater contwntvthan Greek. If you have the time, strain regular in fridge overnight (in strainer lined with coffee filter or cheesecloth).use the drained yogurt for your recipe. save liquid for another use.

fiveandspice
fiveandspice

Emily is a trusted source on Scandinavian Cuisine.

I would agree. It will have more water in the frozen yogurt, which means it will be icier (less creamy) and freeze harder. But, as long as you let the frozen yogurt rest at room temp long enough so that you can scoop it before serving, it will probably be ok.