Homemade Ricotta

I recall discussions here about making ricotta and how to use whey several months ago. The suggested ricotta recipe was something about adding vinegar or lemon juice to milk and producing ricotta. This is not a traditional ricotta, and certainly doesn't taste like the real thing. Yesterday the Washington Post ran an article about DIY mozzarella and a related article about ricotta and whey. You can get to the ricotta article by clicking on the link near the bottom of the mozzarella piece.

• Posted by: Maedl
  • February 19, 2015

Maedl February 19, 2015
Trena Heinrich
Trena Heinrich February 20, 2015

Maedl - Thank you for linking the article. I too remember the discussion on the hotline and appreciate the opportunity to learn more about making foods, like ricotta, from scratch.

Maedl February 20, 2015

You're welcome, Trena!

cookbookchick
cookbookchick February 20, 2015

Note that the Washington Post article was written by Cathy Barrow, MrsWheelbarrow here on Food52 and on her own blog. And as noted in the article, Cathy's also the author of a wonderful new book, Mrs. Wheelbarrow's Practical Pantry.