I have 2 turkey legs left what should I do with them?

asked by @jedisavage almost 8 years ago

ellenl

Soup.

lastnightsdinner

I'm assuming they are already cooked? If so, you can shred the meat off to make a ragu for pasta or a filling for ravioli or wontons. I made a turkey ragu with some of our leftover dark meat from Thanksgiving, and we loved it.

HolyCow LND that looks SO GOOD!!!

ajarchibald

Shred meat and make soup/ragu. Then be sustainable and make a stock

nannydeb

I just made turkey tortilla soup out of the carcass & leftover meat (and yellow squash). It was a great change of pace with the Mexican flavor (poblano peppers & freshly ground cumin seeds) and lighter meal (than turkey & dressing).

prettyPeas

I surprised myself last year with how good homemade turkey tetrazzini is--I think I had only had cafeteria or cream of mushroom versions before. I like something like this recipe:
http://simplyrecipes.com...
but reduced the amount of butter to just enough to cook the mushrooms to a nice golden brown, ~2 T. The flour can be added to the cooked mushrooms and stirred for a bit to make a roux, instead of adding more butter and flour seperately. I also used 2 cans of 2% evaporated milk instead of milk/cream (because I am fat).

lastnightsdinner

@aargersi Thanks!

WayneB

Remove the meat from the bones, chop, add celery and mayo and use for turkey salad sandwiches.

luvcookbooks
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

turkey mole. it's a lot of work making the sauce, but a transformative experience for the turkey and makes it forget that it was ever a leftover. kind of like the velveteen rabbit. diana kennedy recipes are good and the saveur thanksgiving issue has a turkey mole recipe that can easily be adapted to leftovers.