For dinner tonight: polenta and snapper filet?

Looking for a bit of inspiration on putting this meal together. I have a loaf of polenta (from Trader Joes) and a pound or so of snapper filet. I am thinking of tying it all together with a tomato sauce, garlic, capers, maybe some artichoke hearts, kalamata olives? Thoughts? Ideas?

asked by stephanieRD over 3 years ago

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

I think that fish stew would work wonderful here. You could sautee onions and garlic, add the fish, wine, tomato sauce, capers and olive...

JulieS

For the polenta, I would suggest slicing and pan frying, then pop them on a sheet pan and sprinkle generously with grated Parmesan cheese and broil till golden. The snapper, I would roast or broil with a mixture of chopped garlic, chopped rosemary or thyme, 1 tsp Dijon mustard and 2 T of olive oil, 1/2 tsp slay and a few T's of capers all mixed together and poured on top. Yummy, I promise!

stephanieRD

This sounds fantastic! Thank you.

JulieS

That was 1/2 tsp salt, just to clarify!

LE BEC FIN

Steph, red snapper is one of the most wonderful fishes for its sweet delicate flavor and silky texture. While tomato sauce can be used (as in Veracruz, Mexico) i find it masks the beauty of the fish. I would prefer Julie's treatment, myself. Another very simple sauce: a jar of Tr J Salsa Verde, as is, poured over the (skin side down)filets after they are sauteed on both sides. Optional: Top sauce on filet with some grated mild cheese like fontina, cover pan and simmer 8+ minutes til fish is done inside when tested w/ fork. Serve w/ a grain pilaf or some corn element: grits, pupusas, tortilla chips, for the wonderful sauce.
Red snapper- boy, you are a lucky girl!

Healthline

Grilled Polenta with Spicy Cannelloni Beans is a great side to any white fish. Simply roast the fish in the oven with a little black pepper and salt, and you've got yourself a meal that's sure to please. http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/grilled-polenta-spicy-cannellini-beans