🔕 🔔

83268972 d55a 4372 8ef5 e03ff14c3664  conch shell beautyshot

A friend of mine wants to serve fresh conch with pasta -- anyone know how to prepare the conch?

asked almost 7 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

I've had it as conch salad in the Bahamas. Sasha of Global Table Adventure has some good info: http://globaltableadventure... I guess it's a good thing I've been sucked into her website by food52 today!

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

Cool site -- thanks.

72b8c92f c97c 49cf 8fc2 4b08462521f6  me

It is usually tougher than nails unless you pound the crap out of it and cut it up into small pieces or cook it for long periods of time. Otherwise delicious

Mr T took the words out of my mouth, slice it thin and "pound the crap out of it". I would cook it as scungilli in the style of Sorrento. That would be a tomato based sauce. Finish with some lemon at the table.

73cd846c b69c 41fe 8f8b 7a3aa8dd3b93  desert

Wow, great anwers!