🔕 🔔

83268972 d55a 4372 8ef5 e03ff14c3664  conch shell beautyshot

A friend of mine wants to serve fresh conch with pasta -- anyone know how to prepare the conch?

I've had it as conch salad in the Bahamas. Sasha of Global Table Adventure has some good info: http://globaltableadventure... I guess it's a good thing I've been sucked into her website by food52 today!

Cool site -- thanks.

thirschfeld

It is usually tougher than nails unless you pound the crap out of it and cut it up into small pieces or cook it for long periods of time. Otherwise delicious

Mr T took the words out of my mouth, slice it thin and "pound the crap out of it". I would cook it as scungilli in the style of Sorrento. That would be a tomato based sauce. Finish with some lemon at the table.

anyone

Wow, great anwers!