Slow cooker lid removal with raw chicken...

I put raw chicken breasts into my slow cooker about 2 hours ago and set it to low while preparing other ingredients. I kept switching from low to off and taking the lid off to add in ingredients, layer by layer, as I finished prepping them. Since the chicken wasn't consistently being heated for those 2 hours, it is still going to be safe to eat?

asked by gggggg over 3 years ago

Fat Tony

Chicken is all about temperature, make sure you're getting 180f in the thickest part of the breast.

gggggg

It was probably under that temperature for the first 2 hours because I interrupted it so many times, but since it was only 2 hours, is that okay?