🔕 🔔

Need a mashed potatoe recipe in the slow cooker that taste like stovetop.

So many have ingredients not used in classic mashed potatoes. Others show you how to cook on stove then transfer to slow cooker. I want a true cook in slow cooker recipe. I would likely still rice them, but need one less thing to do on the stove. Help!

asked by Stacie Murphy Skinner almost 2 years ago

5dd58b70 52d5 415a 8478 ba9053b33e62  kenzi
Kenzi Wilbur

Kenzi is the Managing Editor of Food52.

Are you concerned about stove space? We don't have a slow-cooker recipe, but a make-ahead hack would be to make the mash early on, stash it in the fridge, then put it in a casserole, cover the top with cheese, and bake it in the oven the day-of. Here's a slow-cooker article for reference anyway: https://food52.com/blog...

Ff962a43 f66f 4329 a77a d9f97ec8adb6  fb avatar

Our new home has only one oven and that is reserved for the turkey. Thank you for your reply, but I really was looking for a classic mashed, as mentioned, not a cheesy version. Happy Thanksgiving.

Cav

My instinct says that you'd end up with something you could use to hang wallpaper, but here's a recipe from the normally trustworthy Kitchn:

http://www.thekitchn.com...

Good point and love the kitchn too. Thank you!!