Marble rolling pin

Was given a gift of a marble rolling pin. How does it differ from the wooden ones I've been using?

asked by Food odyssea over 3 years ago

It's also heavier so that when you roll out your dough the pin does more of the work, I find mine much easier to work with than my old wood one!

Food odyssea

Thanks. My baking repertoire does not include using the rolling pin. Any suggestions for a newbie?

ktr
ktr

Pie crust of course. I'd probably make cut out sugar cookies first though because I find they are easier to work with than pie dough. You can also roll out dough for pizza crusts and calzones.