🔕 🔔

Sometimes I boil eggs and the shell is peeled really easily and sometimes the shell sticks to the egg and it is impossible to peel. I've tried boiling fo

asked by XXX-XXX-8068 over 6 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

Fresher eggs will be harder to peel. In the food pickle search bar type "boil egg", and you will find a really good thread on the topic.

73cd846c b69c 41fe 8f8b 7a3aa8dd3b93  desert

Have you tried shcoking in cold water after boiling? I never have this problem and in addition to boiling for 8 min I shock in cold water.

8e94e86b faa9 42ae 93f9 c243369e2b3f  cakecake

Yep, it's a freshness issue. I once catered an event and the hostess asked for deviled eggs; I forgot to buy them ahead of time to let them un-freshen for awhile before boiling, and I went through three dozen eggs hoping to have gotten some that were old enough to peel well.. no dice. I had to refund money to the hostess, and I had lots of egg salad that week. :)