A question about a recipe: Chicken with Caramelized Sumac Onions, Preserved Lemon, and Israeli Couscous

61150048 f4b9 4e87 8836 cfcdeb6e8005  2015 0413 chicken with onions perserved lemons and couscous 019

I have a question about the recipe "Chicken with Caramelized Sumac Onions, Preserved Lemon, and Israeli Couscous" from em-i-lis. Could I sub rice for the couscous ?

asked by Marcy over 3 years ago

Hemz7781

This is not an answer, but I was similarly wondering about subbing in whole wheat couscous or quinoa

irina

Of course. You can sub any grain you want. Both ideas sound good to me.
Cheers!
i

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

Sure...but keep in mind that certain grains take longer than others to cook. Rice will take longer than couscous, so you just have to make sure your chicken doesn't overcook.